Optimizing your LinkedIn profile will get you a long way, whether you’re a business owner, an employer, or a job seeker.
Having a polished LinkedIn profile will:
- Get you to appear more often in other users’ searches;
- Encourage users to connect with you, strike a chat, or pitch you right off the bat;
- Make users more likely to respond to your connection requests, offers and messages.
Pretty nifty benefits, right?
And given LinkedIn’s connection request limits and the recent removal of the “invite by email” option, you’ll need all the help you can get to surpass those hurdles and cut through the noise.
- Optimizing your profile will get you more profile views, engagement and connections, which will ultimately result in more sales
- Your profile and cover images are your first chance to make a great impression, so make sure they’re professional, relevant and show you in your best light
- Make the most of your LinkedIn summary as it’s the equivalent of a virtual introduction - you get to tell the world all the vital details about you, your business and your accomplishments
- Keep your job experience up-to-date, and don’t forget to mention any certifications, licenses and awards you’ve got
LinkedIn profile checklist
LinkedIn profile checklist #1 - Start with a professional profile picture
First things first - LinkedIn is not Instagram.
Read that again.
No matter how good-looking, charming, or fun you may be, LinkedIn is not the place for flaunting all that.
LinkedIn is a network that connects professionals from various industries, which means you’ll want to give off the impression of a successful, dependable and driven individual.
Can a simple image really convey all that?
LinkedIn profile checklist - The bottom line
Figures don’t lie - it’s a fact that companies with a complete, active LinkedIn Page see 5x more page views, and the same goes for other types of LinkedIn users.
Having an optimized profile will make you:
- More visible in LinkedIn searches;
- More attractive to potential prospects, employers and business partners alike.
As a result, you’ll get more connections, followers and sales, and that’s something we’re all aiming for.